Split Krait as TM

The DDTC ships in the Split fleet

Moderators: Deadly, Hieronymos

Hieronymos
DS3 Development Team
DS3 Development  Team

Split Krait as TM

Postby Hieronymos » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:17 am

EDIT: 4/8/09 Updated spec proposal for 8-bay Krait TM. Pasted this post to DDTC Split Fleet thread.
Also changed name to "Banded Krait" (a Krait sub-species)

It seems to me that Split Krait TSF is a perfect candidate for a TM--with all the benefits bestowed by that class: can dock fighters, normally has pretty solid shielding, can carry marines, can act as a great early-mid game player mothership.

Split "Banded Krait" TM Class Military Supply Transport: uses new modified Krait TM model
Price: MCr. 6.151 [80% of Dragons' price; astronomcally more than vanilla TM's]
Speed: 118.08m/s [very fast for her bulk; sl. 8% faster than Kraits' 109.34m/s]
Steering: 1.20rpm [extremely sluggish for TM; meant to compensate for her good speed]
Hull: 51.2k [reasonable for her size; about 10% less than Kraits': 8 docking bays reduce hull integrity]
Shields: 3
Shield Type: 200Mj [total 600Mj=50% above average for TM; over Kraits' 400Mj]
Shield Gen (Mw): 1,200 [same as Krait]
Turrets (hardpoints): 5 [front-fixed; L/R/Back/Down]
Guns: 18 [Main 4x: BoronM6: ..IonD,IonPG,EBC; L/R/Down 4x: SplitM3Turret: IRE,PAC,PBE,MD; Back 2x: BoronTLFront: ..IonD,IonPG,EBC,FAA.]
LaserEnergy: 6,000 [M3 average]
LaserRegen: 85 [M4+ equivalent--peanuts for powering her Flaks..but she's got MD's & EBC's for backup]
Cargo: 7,900XL [small superfreighter sized hold; about 50% of Kraits']
Hangar: 8 Internal
Marines: 10? (normal TM capacity--for carrying/resupply only)
Missles: same as Split Dragon M6 [heavy hitting]

Ship Description: "A cross between a TM and a Superfreighter, the Split Krait Military Supply Transport is another outstanding product of the Rhonkar Testing Institute. With internal hangar space for eight fighters, staterooms to house fighter crews and a sizeable marine contingent, heavy shielding, a decent turn of speed, a super-frieighter sized cargo hold, and excellent anti-fighter defensive capabilities, the Krait is a very versatile heavy transport that bridges the gap between the lighter and frailer Caiman class freighters, and the massive TL class vessels like the Mastodon. Designed to support light recon and raiding detachments in enemy space, the Krait makes a perfect base ship for such purposes."

COMMENT: 'nuff said. Vanilla TM's eat your hearts out! The ultimate player base-ship for perhps most of the game..Defensively she'd need to run from everything. If pursued by fighters, her back FAA's could kill a few before running out of juice. After that she'd be dead meat--unless she has some ammo-based turrets. Which could also make her pretty damned powerful.

It's also occurred that we could make 2 or more variants of Krait: the TMH above; a "micro-carrier" with docking for 8 fighters but only ~8k cargo; and a Capture variant that can launch 'pods (but needs to stay >5km away from any prey except a TM). The TMH would be Split; but the other(s) could be Yaki? Splt? Paranid?...or a placeholder for later TM variants.

Done: Complete as per above specs. This bad boy is definitely going to be my personal ship of choice. Loaded with a mix of M4P's (with at least 1 Venom), it doesn't need to fight on it's own behalf. I'll be flying it next!
Last edited by Hieronymos on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deadly
Deadly Sky Pilot
Deadly Sky Pilot
Location: Home is Wellington, NZ. But I've had to relocate back to NY for a couple of years.

Re: Split Krait as TM

Postby Deadly » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:29 pm

I have "cloned" the Krait mesh, and will add in some docking ports on the lower portion. Currently a WIP, but it shouldn't be that much work.

It is ideally suited to an 8-dock configuration (4 per side, docking up/down)...I assume that is what you had in mind?
ImageImage
- Also check out the X-Wiki

Hieronymos
DS3 Development Team
DS3 Development  Team

Postby Hieronymos » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:28 pm

That works! So we'll have 2 versions of Krait, excellent! I'll wait til the TM version is finished, then fine tune her specs. With 8 bays, we'll really need to slash her cargo capacity.

Question: is the Superfreighter version of Krait capable of internal/external docking? And if so, how many?

Deadly
Deadly Sky Pilot
Deadly Sky Pilot
Location: Home is Wellington, NZ. But I've had to relocate back to NY for a couple of years.

Postby Deadly » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Well...perhaps a better question is how many should it have?

As I recall, you had wanted it to dock 2 ships in the old DDRS days...but had to abandon the idea because the ship docking feature was hard-coded into the OBJ files.

Now that we can pretty much do whatever we like, it's up to us. However docking will be have to be external.
ImageImage
- Also check out the X-Wiki

Hieronymos
DS3 Development Team
DS3 Development  Team

Postby Hieronymos » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Then let's make it 2. Tweaking at least one other SuperF TS to have an external docking slot was my intention. Good candidate: Electra.

Which brings up the concept of the DDTC customized starts..I'll start a new thread for that discussion: now:

Return to “Split Fleet”