New Split M7 - The Naga

The DDTC ships in the Split fleet

Moderators: Deadly, Hieronymos

Deadly
Deadly Sky Pilot
Deadly Sky Pilot
Location: Home is Wellington, NZ. But I've had to relocate back to NY for a couple of years.

New Split M7 - The Naga

Postby Deadly » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:21 pm

...at least I used Split textures :lol:

Same size as the panther, with 5 launch bays per side.

Here is a screen shot:

ImageImage
- Also check out the X-Wiki

Idea
DS3 Development Team
DS3 Development  Team

Re: New Split M7

Postby Idea » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:56 am

It's looking nice :)
I am Impressed how you manage to combine the split texture.I can't get the right combination of texture with my M6 Puma for Split Black Ops ship :cry:

Deadly
Deadly Sky Pilot
Deadly Sky Pilot
Location: Home is Wellington, NZ. But I've had to relocate back to NY for a couple of years.

Postby Deadly » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:25 am

It's still got another 4+ hours of work before it's done. Also, I'm not convinced it should be aligned with the Split, as the Yaki also need an M7.

If I switch it to the Yaki, then I'll have to re-texture it.

I wouldn't get too impatient with your modeling efforts, it really does take a great deal of time to learn the various ticks, and texturing is perhaps the hardest. There are so many ways of doing the same thing, it is worth taking some time away from trying to build ships, and work through a couple of the many tutorials available on the web.

As an example; I was playing around with a new station concept couple of weeks ago, and in the process of trying to figure out how to do something...I ended up immersed in a tutorial on how to create a soccer ball. even though it really had nothing to do with my current project, it was a really good tutorial and I learned lots of new and interesting things. However, I never did finish playing with the new station concept :roll:

The fact is that this is not my "day job". I've been doing this for years, and to be honest my 21 year old son (who is employed as a professional graphics artist) has forgotten more than I will ever know.

So...my advice is do what I do; take a break every now and then from non-stop ship creation, and run through a few tutorials...like on texturing. When you come back to the ships you are working on, everything goes so much faster :lol:
ImageImage

Idea
DS3 Development Team
DS3 Development  Team

Postby Idea » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:13 am

Thanks for you advices.I will do exactly what you have sugested as my PC is dead :cry:
He died while I was moding the split ship.This is the third time that he died.Two times I manage to resurrect him but this time it seems that it's finished.Hopefully my hard drive is intact.The chances that I will get new PC are very small because I am not so great student and I didn't make my father proud like your son makes you proud(professional graphics artist :o with 21 years :o).I will continue the work on my brother PC ho lives in my hometown(I am curently at colege in Begrade) which means that my productivity on making new stufs will decrese :cry: I am very sorry for disappointing you and H.One is for sure I ein't gone surrender.I will find the way. :)
Cheers

Hieronymos
DS3 Development Team
DS3 Development  Team

Postby Hieronymos » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Anyang definitely looks like Jager material to me :wink:
Rather predatory lines.
As a Split Jager, she'd be essentially an Improved Vanilla..perhaps a little faster, a bit more manueverable, and more intelligently armed than Tiger or Thresher (arguably the 2 premier vanilla M7 jagers).

As a Yaki Jager..she could be the same..or perhaps even a bit beefier spec-wise, a 'Heavy Attack Frigate'.

Your other unfinished Split M7M still has a place, imo. Either as Split or Yaki. I'm thinking a M7M/M7 Hybrid with capture abilities..

Deadly
Deadly Sky Pilot
Deadly Sky Pilot

Postby Deadly » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:33 pm

Well...just send me some specs, and I'll see what I can do :roll:

You made the mistake of leaving me alone for a week, and it's currently waaaay over-gunned. I always thought the Panther was a bit over the top...so of course I had to add a couple of more lasers just fro grins. It's currently spec'd just like the Panther, but with dual quad lasers in the front turret (total of 8, instead of 6).

I'll post some new screen shots...it really does look qute vicious in the game :twisted:

Perfect Jager model...
ImageImage

Hieronymos
DS3 Development Team
DS3 Development  Team

Postby Hieronymos » Sat May 09, 2009 4:54 pm

Spec proposal for new ship, Split "Naga" M7 Class Heavy Strike Frigate, in 'DDTC Split Fleet' thread. Essentially an Improved Van. of Tiger, not Panther. Let me know if proposal is suitable to your vision of her.

Return to “Split Fleet”