Different turret grouping for Naginata in TC?

The DDTC ships in the Yaki fleet

Moderators: Deadly, Hieronymos

Hieronymos
DS3 Development Team
DS3 Development  Team

Different turret grouping for Naginata in TC?

Postby Hieronymos » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:05 am

I'd very much like to see some different turret grouping for Naginata. I'd always seen her as having : 1 Up, 1 Down, Left(front), Right (front), Left(back), Right(Back), plus Main. The back turrets--which seem physically smaller than the rest--were the ones that would only be able to house smaller weapons like PAC's, PBE's, IRE's MD's. The single large turrets Up & Down roughly at her mid-point, were the hardpoints that could carry a single FAA, or something else of medium size (like ISR, IonD, CIG, IonPG).

Since Hyperion is Nagi's "yardstick" in TC, regarding weaponslots (or hardpoint size) with 8 Frontal, 2 L-front, 2 R-front, 3 L-rear, 3 R-rear [18 weapons total], Nagi will do well to be not too much better in armament.

In TC she'll be either a "Heavy M6"--like Hyperion; or a "Light M7". What will this mean for her frontal battery? At he very least Ion Shard Railguns--like Hyperion's. But why not something heavier? Like Gauss Cannons...However, this could overpower her, as some combat testing in a Truelight Seeker M6 armed with 5 Gaus Cannons vs. different M7's was an absolute slaughter--one pass for most hostile M7's was all it took. For Naginata, 5 or 6 Incindiary Bomb Lchr's (or even PPC's) would be preferable, as their considerable energy drain would "keep it real" in a way that GC's wouldn't..

Jeff's loadout of Nagi for X3R was pretty much BHEPT's all around. Which made her a magnificent M6-hunter. But in TC, with only HEPT's..she'd be a bit weak, when Dragon & Hyperion can carry ISR's up front.

Maybe I should stop complaining, and learn how to tweak her myself in Tships! Then send her off to Jeff for consideration..

Meanwhile, any comments?

P.S. This thread should be in a new "DDRS for TC" sub=forum, but I can't figure out how to make that happen...

Deadly
Deadly Sky Pilot
Deadly Sky Pilot
Location: Home is Wellington, NZ. But I've had to relocate back to NY for a couple of years.

Re: Different turret grouping for Naginata in TC?

Postby Deadly » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:32 pm

Er...just "re-discovered" this thread :oops:

Sure, no problem re-doing thee turrets on the Nagi. She needs a bit of a face-lift anyway, so as long as I'm jacking around with the model, I can easily move/alter the turrets.
ImageImage
- Also check out the X-Wiki

Hieronymos
DS3 Development Team
DS3 Development  Team

Re: Different turret grouping for Naginata in TC?

Postby Hieronymos » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:22 pm

I'll write up a formal spec proposal for her in the next day or so.

Return to “Yaki Fleet”