Coding for xuniversemap.pck

A list of 3rd party scripts that have been found to work with DDTC, or are known to be incompatible.

Moderator: Deadly

Russian Ranger
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Coding for xuniversemap.pck

Postby Russian Ranger » Thu May 27, 2010 10:22 pm

So I'm trying to get the immersive sectors to work with DDTC, and it does with one exception, the illumination of the buildings. An example is the red tint in the Mars sector as opposed to the vanilla white light.

The conflict here is the author of that script has coded that into aforementioned file, therefore ddtc overrules it. So when I replaced it, I get the illumination but lose the shipyards and Terran sector x! So what I want to know is Where the coding is for the shipyards and Terran sector x or where I can find information on this, thank you in advance!
"Don't question the integrity of a pirate" my pops always said, "Because that would just be a stupid question."

Deadly
Deadly Sky Pilot
Deadly Sky Pilot
Location: Home is Wellington, NZ. But I've had to relocate back to NY for a couple of years.

Re: Coding for xuniversemap.pck

Postby Deadly » Thu May 27, 2010 10:48 pm

The universe map is only read/used at the start of a new game, after which it becomes part of your saves. Each sector is described via XML entries which describe the basic parameters and all objects.

The only way to get both is to merge the two universe maps...a very tedious manual process. I have no idea what the other mod looks like, but the custom entries in the DDTC map are extensive.
ImageImage
- Also check out the X-Wiki

Russian Ranger
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Russian Ranger » Fri May 28, 2010 8:40 am

It looks like its going to be an extremely tedious process then. I opened up both files prior to posting and then the vanilla file, and they both have several custom inputs. It looks like I've found something to keep me a little busy over the next few weeks. I guess the real question is how would I go about this? Just bring up both in a word doc, compare conflicts, merge and proceed, then remake into an xml/pck?
"Don't question the integrity of a pirate" my pops always said, "Because that would just be a stupid question."

Deadly
Deadly Sky Pilot
Deadly Sky Pilot
Location: Home is Wellington, NZ. But I've had to relocate back to NY for a couple of years.

Postby Deadly » Fri May 28, 2010 2:53 pm

I use Ultra Compare, but there are also shareware tools that do the same thing (although, IMHO, not near as well).

I just open the two files I want to merge, do the compare, and then import/update the text in whichever one I choose to use as the "master".

I'm not into "shilling" for software companies...but I've been using these two IDM packages for quite some time, and really appreciate the features. They even offer a "bundle" with UltraEdit & UltraCompare for $89. If you are interested, take a look... https://www.ultraedit.com/store/home.php
ImageImage
- Also check out the X-Wiki

Return to “3rd Party Script Compatibility”